Step 1 - Connect your Shopify Store
Follow these steps:
- Sign in to your Shopify admin account
- Click to Apps in the left menu sidebar
- Click on "Develop Apps" near the top right corner of your screen
- You should now see an "App Development" pop-up. Click "Allow Custom App Development"
- In the pop-up that appears, click "Allow Custom App Development" again to confirm
- You'll be directed back to this App Development page. In the top right corner, click "Create an app"
- Type "ResaleAI" for the app name, then click "Create app." (If you can't edit the app developer, that is okay)
- You should now see an overview for the new ResaleAI app. In the section "Select your access scopes to get started", click "Configure Admin API scopes"
- Under the Configuration tab, you only need to check off the options shown in the images below.
Note: Your list will most likely not have all of these options next to each other; you may need to skip a few options to select these.
The options you should have checked are read and write for the following:
- Merchant managed fulfillment orders
- Order editing
- Product listings
- Once you have those options selected in the Configuration tab, click "Save"
- Then, in the top right corner of the page, click "Install App"
- This pop-up will appear; to confirm your installation, click "Install"
Next, you will need to email email@example.com with your API information, and your Shopify domain. That allows our team to connect to your store! See below to find that information:
- Under the API Credentials tab, within the Admin API access token box, click "Reveal token once"
- Your API Access Token will then be revealed. Simply copy and paste this information into somewhere safe to send later, or paste it right into the Email you plan to send to our team.
- To view/retrieve your API Secret Key (not the top API Key), click the eye icon to the right of its box.
Your API Secret Key will then be revealed. Simply copy and paste this information into somewhere safe to send later, or paste it right into the Email you plan to send to our team.
- Now, it's time to retrieve your Shopify Domain.
Your site may use a custom domain that looks something like "shopplatosclosetcoolsprings.com," but there is also a "Shopify-managed domain" that ends in .myshopify.com. The "Shopify-managed domain" is the version of the domain that our team will need!
To locate/retrieve your Shopify domain:
- Sign in to your Shopify admin account
- Click "Settings" in the bottom left corner
- In the left settings menu, click "Domains" (towards the bottom of the list)
- Under Domains, look in the bottom section for "Shopify-managed domains" (usually it ends in .myshopify.com)
- Simply copy and paste this information into somewhere safe to send later, or paste it right into the Email you plan to send to our team.
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org with your API Access Token, an API Secret Key, and your Shopify Domain, and our team will follow up with you once our integration setup process is complete!
Step 2 - Import your Inventory
Follow the steps below to pull in details for all of your store's SKUs, so you can scan them into Shopify.
(NOTE - You only need to do this once, on one POS computer)
1. Go to the Windows Start menu at any POS computer
2. Go to All Programs (or if you're on Windows 10, just search)
3. Locate the ResaleAI folder.
4. Click to open the folder, then click 'Sales History Import'
5. A black box should pop up.
- Type "N" and hit Enter when asked to "Import sales history"
- Then type 'Y' and hit Enter when asked to "Import inventory items"
6. It will give you a time estimate to import all of your SKIs from DRS. Let it finish running!
Do not close out of this box as it processes. It can take up to an hour or two.
PLEASE NOTE - Sometimes the progress bar can appear to get "stuck" at the very end. This is okay. If it seems frozen at the very end (after it has been processing for several hours, and there are only ~300 SKIs remaining) you are good to close out, and it will import any remaining items in the background.
You have successfully integrated with Shopify!
Next, learn how to use our CamRAI tool to scan products and quickly send them to Shopify.
If you experience any issues/difficulties, or if you have any questions, please don't hesitate to reach out to our team by Emailing email@example.com .